Sunday 24 March 2013

Easy Easter crafts and decorations

Over the past couple of days we've been busy with Easter crafts, 
and we made enough to decorate the window...
Our Easter window.


I made the Easter wreath, from a wire coat hanger shaped into a circle and strips of material.

It's very quick and easy to make, at this point I was doubting it would look anything like a wreath, but I kept on adding strips and pushing them tight and it soon took shape.


I bought these polystrene eggs from poundland.

We decorated them with wool, we found that it's best to put blobs of PVA glue on to the egg and then wind the wool around, we tried different ways, side-to-side, random and length ways. We found winding the wool length ways around the egg was easiest. We added a few strands of wool and then left it to dry, this acted as a key for the rest of the wool.

The finished eggs, my favourite is the orange egg, this wool was thicker and fluffy and stuck down really easily.

Also using the polystyrene eggs we added layers of tissue paper, let them dry and them Jemima decorated them with painted flowers.



This is a larger decoupage egg, which stands on the window sill.

We used toilet paper tubes.
We painted them and left them to dry.

Some were left whole and made into rabbits.
Others were cut into three pieces and made into a chick and a frog. 
I wonder if a creme egg would fit into the tummy of the chick.

Easter + snow = snow flake Easter eggs!

Using this cardboard box from our new Hetty vacuum cleaner, 
we have started...

 an Easter wonderland!

Imogen is knitting Easter bunnies...

They are big enough to fit a chocolate egg 
or real egg if you are being healthy!

 I feel as though the spirit of Easter is lost with the piles of cheap Easter eggs in the supermarkets. So I've started making little gifts for the children.
 I've filled these cellophane bags with their favourite pick 'n' mix and then added paper chick details.


They haven't cost much to make.

I also bought the children's favourite chocolate and wrapped it and added rabbit details. Much cheaper than an Easter egg.
But I'm sure I'll give in to the mountains of £1 Easter eggs on offer.

Reuben and Rosanna are really enjoying playing with the Easter things we have made. They especially love these Easter decorations on a stick,which I got form poundland. They make brilliant wands and pretend knitting needles to sit and knit with Immy.

Easter window complete, we'll now move onto decorating the fireplace...

7 comments:

  1. Some eggcellent(sorry couldn't help myself) decorating ideas there. I love the woollen eggs and Imogen is a very talented knitter, that bunny is very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I especially love the knitted bunny! Well done to your girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such sweet ideas. Thanks for linking up on Artsy Play Wednesday. Pinned it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of cute ideas. I love to see things the kids can do too. Love the little knitted bunny head for the eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a candy birds bag. I m your nee follower from T Thursday party if you like foolow back
    http://becreativemommy.blogspot.co.uk
    Joanna
    Hsppy Easter

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the yarn eggs especially and those little toilet paper bunnies are too cute! please come link this up at brighton park on our toddlers and preschoolers link up so other moms can find it! ~~Katie www.brightonparkblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww these Easter crafts for kids are sooo cute! Love that bunny hat/bonnet here. My nieces would definitely love to create this for this coming Easter. Thanks for sharing!~

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...